New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May everyone be made aware...

Go down

May everyone be made aware... Empty May everyone be made aware...

Post  Lord Ashford Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 am

Kindred of Auckland,

News of recent events will have undoubtedly reached you by now. The Shifters have attacked us whilst we were at our weakest, taking both Lord Wright and myself prisoner. Their intent? Our destruction.

Fortunately, the Most Noble Prince Rushworth and the Most Eloquent Viscountess Rushworth staged a daring rescue attempt, and many of your selves answered their call. A ceasefire has been arranged, and as you can see, I am amongst you once more. I thank you, friends and allies, for your part.

In light of this event, I wish to make two declarations. Firstly, we must acknowledge a Kindred who rose to a challenge few could ask of her. Lady Cavendish demonstrated great bravery, walking into the face of danger for the sake of her City and her fellow Kindred. Not only that, but she remained calm and collected in a death trap. Let none question the significance of her actions. She holds the favour of Auckland, and is to be respected amongst us all for her deeds.

But we would not have faced this danger (and still be facing it, were it not for the actions of the Prince and bravery of Lady Cavendish) if not for the fall of one of our finest. I need not say his name, you know the man I speak of. He has until nights recent been a guiding light in our fine city. But those nights are long past. If not for the rash blundering of that fool Howard, beginning wars we do not need on national television, our city would not be at threat. Do not undersestimate the Shifters! Some of you know them, but know also capacity to strike when we are most vulnerable, and without mercy. Do not presume any of you are safe. Who do you have to thank for this state of affairs? Howard. I shall not use his titles tonight, for I now declare him as base as the youngest fledgling in Our eyes, the cost of his near treasonous behaviour. He could have made his revelation without announcing war upon potent foes, but no, he has dragged us all into his mess. I was not invited to this war, nor were you - he brought it upon us. Now we are all left to pay for the price of his arrogance. Let his failings never be repeated in this City.

As declared by Lord Nicholas Ashford, Prisci Harpy of Auckland.

[OOC: Lady Cavendish gains a point of City Status, Bishop Howard loses 3]
Lord Ashford
Lord Ashford

Character sheet
City Status: 2 - Recognised

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum